Coffee and tea are the most famous beverages and have both deadly defenders. It s hard to decide which one is healthier.
So what about coffee? Coffee has a strong and bitter taste, depending on the region it comes from. It is more acidic than tea, therefore it can be hard on some people’s stomachs.
Caffeine gives you energy by blocking adenosine, a neurotransmitter responsible for signaling to your brain that it’s time to rest. It has has a lot more caffeine than tea, making it hard to quit.
It also gives you a quick boost of energy, making it extremely popular first thing in the morning. Tea, on the other hand, offers a more slow energy boost, so the effect on your body is less dramatic.
Tea also contains an amino acid called L-theanine. L-theanine actually lowers the absorption speed of caffeine into your body and has has anti-anxiety effects. You end up in an alert but relaxed state.
Benefits of coffee
- you get key nutrients like potassium, manganese, magnesium, and niacin
- Coffee lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Coffee protects the liver
- Potentially protects against certain cancers.
Benefits of Tea
- Lowers the risk of certain cancers. Herbal tea is loaded with antioxidants, which protect against the oxidative damage that contributes to cancer’s development.
- Decreases inflammation. Researchers discovered that the polyphenols in tea leaves, perhaps working together with tea’s other compounds, fight inflammation
- Promotes mouth health. Teas & Trees Love Potion (Dictamus) kills the bacteria in your mouth and keep you from getting an infection.
-Potentially decreases the risk of heart disease.
So if you should decide to quit or reduce coffee, Teas & Trees Mornin' Blend is perfect as a day starter, with its ingredients mountain tea, dictamus and marjoran it gives you a kick into the new day.