There are two ways to make tea. One way is to place herbs in a teapot, add boiled water and let sit for ~5 minutes. Then the tea can be strained into a cup. The second way, which is our favorite, is to follow these six easy steps:
1. Boil some water. Fill a kettle, or even a pot, with distilled water. For the most pure cup of tea, it’s best the water is distilled so that it doesn’t contain any impurities or chemicals.
2. Put some herbs in the water.Once the water is to a boil, around 100° Celsius, you can add your herbs to the water. Which herbs you use depends on what effects and flavor you are looking for. Regardless of the herbs, you should use roughly one small teaspoon of tea for 200 ml of water.
3. Boil the herbs for 1-2 minutes. If you add the herbs to the water before boiling, you will create a condensed and bitter brew instead of tea.
4. Steep for another 5 minutes. Remove the kettle (or pot) from heat and let the mixture sit for five minutes.
5. Strain the tea into a cup. Use a fine mesh strainer to remove the herbs from the tea before drinking. You can place the strainer over a cup and pour the tea directly into the cup.